Carrington House 285 High Street North - Carterton. Directions: North end of State Highway 2 - Before 70Km road sign - immediate access through double white gates on left. On right if approaching from the north. The historic Carrington House and Gardens date back to 1874 as the home belonged to one of the towns most prominent citizens, the Reverend William Booth. With some twelve acres laid out by the renowned landscape architect, Alfred Buxton. The gardens and homestead exterior and outbuildings are available to visit by pre booked visitors of 12 or more. We have an entry fee to view the house from the outside only and the gardens of $10 per person. We are only open to buses coaches and large groups over 12.